Volumes 2, 3 - Sense Part 1 and 2
Running Time: 1hr 45min
Powerful tools and strategies to help your child deal with all of the incoming sensory information in the world around them. 'Sensory Processing' has an enormous impact on the rate at which children learn.
Children with autism are often challenged in the area of sensory processing, which means that they have difficulty interpreting the world around them. If they are not processing the incoming 'sensory' information correctly when they are playing, at the park, at the shops, interacting with other kids then they will misinterpret situations, making life very difficult to understand.
Having autism can also mean that they are often hyperactive, lethargic, want to touch everything, have difficulty paying attention, etc which all combine to make learning even slower, which can be very frustrating for parents as well as the therapy team.
We have created Sense Part 1 and 2 specifically to help you learn about the fundamentals of Sensory Processing and how it can be treated in a very practical and effective way. Sense Part 1 gives you all the tools you need to easily assess your child’s sensory processing skills and discover where they need help. Following this, Part 2 teaches you the strategies you need to help address their deficit areas. A good part of these DVDs are presented inside an Occupational Therapy clinic, specially designed to treat sensory integration issues, where I demonstrate many practical ideas that you can get started with immediately.
Sense Part 1 - 33 min
• Learn how the various sensory systems can affect crucial areas of your child's development.
• Discover exactly where your child is breaking down in their sensory processing.
• Discover a variety of strategies that will help your child stay calm and organized in their body so that they can function at their peak throughout the day.
Sense Part 2 - 70 min
• Find out if your child has any specific issues that can affect feeding and talking.
• Learn how to treat your child's feeding issues.
• Discover an abundant different touch, movement and visual activities that will assist in the development of your child's sensory systems.
• How to analyze, understand and treat your child's repetitive behaviors and rituals.
Please note that many families that purchase the program also get their child’s preschool or school teachers as well as their therapists involved in watching and carrying out the Autism Essentials DVD program. This helps in facilitating a holistic approach as well as helping to train interested team members.
Created for parents and professionals
Includes DVD 2 and 3 - Sense part 1 and 2 as well as accompanying training handouts
The Benefits of Learning Through DVDs
Benefits for Parents:
- Professionals often don’t have time during your appointments/sessions to train and educate you. So this training is vital because you spend more time than anyone else with your child and can therefore make the greatest impact on a day-to-day basis, if you know how.
- It is a much more cost effective way of intensively being trained by a specialist in autism
- You can watch these DVDs at a time that suits you (eg: when the kids have gone to bed)
- It is an effective and interesting way to learn information (rather than through books) as most people are visual learners
- You can view the material over and over again so that you understand and retain the information
- You can lend the program to your child’s teachers to help train them and to help ensure that your child’s program is holistic
Benefits for Professionals:
- It is an interesting and effective way of learning an enormous amount of information in a short period of time
- This DVD program saves you the time of having to find high quality and effective information yourself
- It is more cost effective than attending courses and taking leave from work
- It's a great way of training other staff members and increasing their knowledge in a short period of time
I LOVE these comments!
Posted by Then on 1st Dec 2012
Janet. I don't know if you understand how much I LOVE these comments! It does my heart well to hear this going into a new school year. I teach in a big public school district outside of Philadelphia, PA. I teach a class for kids with Autism, and we work on making them as successful as each of them can be in the regular education classrooms really working individually with each student so they can grow and learn! I LOVE my students with all of my heart, and they're the reason I put in the long hours for little pay! And hearing sweet things from people like you just reinforce what I already know. These kids are amazing and they have so many gifts to share with the world. I just pray that people are ready to see those gifts without seeing what they think is a disability first.
Let Us Know What You Think
Your Shopping Cart
You just added this product to your cart: