Our therapy services are carried out at our practice in West Pymble and in schools. We believe it is very important to get to know the child and family in order to create a highly individualised and effective treatment plan.
We use a relationship building and developmental approach in our treatment which has been primarily inspired and adapted from the following approaches:
- Dr Stanley Greenspan and DIR (Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-Based)
- The Son-Rise approach – developed by The Kaufman family
- RDI (Relationship Development Intervention) – developed by Dr Gutstein
- Sensory Integration Therapy
As well as treating the client, our child-centred therapy empowers parents with the knowledge and skills they need to make a real difference in the treatment of their child. We help families understand where their particular child is breaking down in their social, communication and sensory motor development.
We then design a unique treatment plan for the child and teach the families how to carry out effective therapy as part of everyday living so that they can make each interaction with them a fabulous learning opportunity.
Other Therapy Services
- Speech Therapy consults in the family’s home/school
- Telehealth/phone consultations
- Video analysis
- Remote and regional consultations (by request)