Founded in 2002 Connect Therapy provides specialist training and therapy services for families with a child diagnosed with ASD, Aspergers or PDD-NOS across the full autism spectrum.
We are also an Approved Autism Provider with the Australian Government.
Based in Sydney, our in-home Therapy Services have treated hundreds of new and ongoing clients.
What We Believe
- Empowering parents and carers with the knowledge and skills to make a difference
- That every child with autism is unique and deserves individualised intervention
- In intervention that is fun for the child and engages with their natural strengths and motivations
- That a relationship building approach focusing on ’emotional connection’ is the most effective and respectful way of helping children reach their full potential
- That parents need to understand where their child is breaking down in development before they can help treat these missing foundation skills that are inhibiting their child’s progress.
- In helping children ‘learn how to learn’ rather than constantly relying on others to have to teach them.
Connect Therapy is a developmental and realtionship based intervention. We very much believe in treating the fundamental challenges that children with ASD experience so that they can go on to learn the more advanced skills in a developmental fashion. This often means that both the speech and occupational therapist go back and help the child learn the social, communication and sensory skills that should have been developed in the first 18 months of life.
Our teachings are inspired by and adapted from the work of programs like DIR (Dr Greenspan), Son-Rise (Kaufman), RDI (Dr Gutstein) as well as sensory integration therapy.
The majority of families treated by Connect Therapy have a child with ASD between 18 months and 7 years of age. However it should be mentioned that our training resources are very much valued by families with a child ranging from 18 months to 14 years of age.