Based in Sydney, Connect Therapy was founded my Monique Simpson in 2002. We provide speech therapy services and training exclusively for families with a child diagnosed with ASD, Aspergers or PDD-NOS.
We are an Approved NDIS Provider.
What We Believe
- Empowering parents and carers with the knowledge and skills to make a difference
- That every child is unique and deserves individualised intervention
- That intervention should be fun for the child and engage with their natural strengths and motivations
- That a relationship building approach focusing on ’emotional connection’ is the most effective and respectful way of helping children reach their full potential
- That parents need to understand where their child is breaking down in development before they can help treat these missing foundation skills that are inhibiting their child’s progress.
- In helping children ‘learn how to learn’ rather than constantly relying on others to have to teach them.
Connect Therapy is a developmental and realtionship based intervention. We very much believe in treating the fundamental challenges that children with ASD experience so that they can go on to learn the more advanced skills in a developmental fashion. This often means that both the speech and occupational therapist go back and help the child learn the social, communication and sensory skills that should have been developed in the first 18 months of life.
Our methods are inspired by and adapted from the work of programs like DIR (Dr Greenspan), Son-Rise (Kaufman), RDI (Dr Gutstein) as well as sensory integration therapy.
The majority of families treated by Connect Therapy have a child with ASD between 18 months and 14 years of age.